Back again is Alan Wright’s fantastic bike show dedicated to the old days with a strong representation not only by Off-road but also Enduro and ISDT. A popular feature of the show is not only the access to old bikes but presentations and talks from soem of the past celebrities of the industry both as riders or in the development of bikes and events.
The main themes for 2014 are:
– Maico display: all the bikes for each year from 1962 through to 1986. A visual history of the famous German marque with Badger Goss and Bill Brown on stage talking about the men and the machines.
– The pre-’65 Scottish trial winning men and machines. Celebrating 30 years of the event there are 18 winning machines and just 17 different winners. What a display!
– The Bultaco Sherpa Era 1965 to 1982. An example of each year of the Spanish machines infamous past from the beginning to the end. In addition, a seperate display of Bultos which were championship winners. Sammy Miller and Yrjo Vesterinen comment.
– Valentino Rossi’s first world championship winning machine – the real article – the 2001 Aprilia 125cc.
– The 350 Jawa: only 3 of these exotic V4 racers were ever built by the Czech factory. On this 1968 model Franta Stastny was second in the world series but sadly the great Bill Ivy was killed on one. Sammy Miller will start the machine in the show halls each day.
– The last trials bike made by the BSA factory, the radical “big beam” Bantam, designed and built by competition shop employee and British sidecar racing champion Norman Hanks which has lay in Norman’s garage for 43 years.
Personalities from Off-road legend include Brad Lackey, Badger Goss, Ron Langston, Sammy Miller, Pete ‘Eddy’ Edmondson and Jimmy Aird
That’s not to say that other marques won’t be on display in abundance, just that a particular effort to display these themes will be made. Anyone interested in displaying a machine should contact Alan on 01789 751422. The machinery does not need to be in any way concours standard. Examples in reasonable order are every bit as interesting as fully renovated highly polished examples. Best of show trophies will be awarded to Best Road Racer, Classic scrambles, Twinshock motocross, Trials and best grass track/ speedway machinery anywhere within the show.
More details on the web site www.classicoffroadshow.com